Oxford Middle School
2009 Bond Program
10 N. Washington St
Oxford, MI 48371
- Design water distribution, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer systems including runoff and basis of design calculations
- Create CCD drawings and associated documents relating to construction matters
- Collaborate with local municipalities to solve utility service related issues
- Assist in answering adjacent homeowner’s concerns
- Coordinate with Construction Manager, other design disciplines, and contractors throughout construction process
Athletic Field Improvements
The Athletic Complex improvements at Oxford Middle School we part of Bond Program passed in 2009 for the Oxford Area Community Schools. Prior to these improvements OMS had a track program but no facilities at the school to host events. Included in this project were the addition of a press box, synthetic rubber track surface, football field, and all utilities associated with these improvements. Sharpe Engineering performed storm sewer runoff calculations and the corresponding design of the storm sewer system to accommodate the addition of the Athletic Complex. Sharpe Engineering also designed the water distribution system and sanitary sewer system servicing the new press box. In addition to the design of
Revised Main Entrance
the utility systems, Sharpe Engineering also assisted the client in obtaining approvals from the local municipalities.
Extensive construction also took place on the inside of the building in the form of new a revised main entrance scheme. To accommodate this Sharpe Engineering designed and provided plans for a sidewalk that would re-route pedestrians to the desired main entrance.