Oxford Area Elementary Schools
2009 Bond Program
10 N. Washington St
Oxford, MI 48371
- Perform complete site grading including pavement, sidewalks, play areas, etc.
- Alter storm sewer system to accommodate building additions
- Develop expanded playground area at Oxford Elementary including basketball courts, ball-field, synthetic surface play structure area
- Revise parking lot layouts to alleviate traffic flow concerns and increase parking capacity
- Coordinate with Construction Manager, other design disciplines, and contractors throughout construction process
Oxford Elementary Entrance
Sharpe Engineering provided the civil engineering services to the Oxford Area Community School District as part of the 2009 Bond Program. The main intent of the program was to upgrade and revitalize the capabilities and appearance of the District. Given the age of the buildings and infrastructure in the District numerous utility and site improvements were necessary. Sharpe Engineering worked alongside IDS Architects, Granger Construction Company, Urban Land Consultants, and Elhert Bryan Inc. to provide the district with improve facilities. At Clear Lake Elementary an entrance drive from Drahner Rd. was widened to improve traffic flow by diverting bus traffic and staff parking to the rear of the building.
Classroom Addition - Clear Lake Elementary (IDS Image)
This right-of-way work required coordination with the RCOC to obtain the necessary permitting. Similar traffic flow efforts were undertaken at Oxford Elementary in addition to extensive play area reconfiguration. The two elementary schools were also the recipient of significant building additions (approximately 7,500 SF each). Sharpe Engineering provided the site infrastructure design associated with these additions including sidewalk layout and grading, roof drainage systems, and utility service leads. Sharpe Engineering is currently working with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources in order to obtain necessary permits to keep the district in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System requirements.
Leonard Elementary Entrance